Home > TV Guardian > TV Guardian DVD Player with Progressive Scan
RCA TV Guardian Slim-line DVD Player
with Progressive Scan
Enjoy the features of a DVD player with the safety of the TV Guardian.
Now with seven different word filtering options. More choices than ever.
- TV Guardian - The Profanity Filter
New To This Model - Seven Filter
Tolerant Moderate Strict Off
And Word Specific Control For:
D**n and H**l Religious Programming Sexual References
- Rating Control - Set your allowable rating limit and the system will not play
anything above that limit. (Password protected.)
- Parental Code Controlled - All settings are password protected and can be turned off and on.
- Progressive Scan - High quality video output for digital TVs.
- Dolby Digital digital output via Coaxial or Optical Digital Audio
- Video Formats: DVD, DVD-R VCD, SVCD, and WMAM JPEG Picture CD Playback
- Audio Formats: CD, MP3, WMA, CD-R, CD-RW, SVCDs, VCDs,
- Various play (zoom, last memory, angle replay, etc.)
- Screensaver, 7-language on-screen display, auto power off
- Complete installation and programming instructions.
- Multi-region support. PAL and NTSC support.
- 90-day parts and labor warranty provided by RCA
Please Note: This device will not filter TV, VHS, Satellite, Cable or Movies. See the TVGuardian for use with VCRs and Television
This unit has three video output options and three audio output options.
L: 17.00" W: 3.75" H: 12.25"
- Component Video Output (Y, Pb, Pr) (green, blue and red)
- S Video Output
- RCA (yellow) Video Output
- HiFi Audio Output (RCA)
- Coaxial Digital Audio Output
- Optical Digital Audio Output
Model: RCA DRC190N
Includes: One Standard RCA (Red, Yellow and White) Cable. Two batteries for the remote.
- The unit comes from the factory with the TVGuardian features turned off. See the manual on how to activate the TVGuardian features.
- The TVGuardian feature will not work with DVDs distributed by Universal Studios. Universal Studios does not use closed-captioning on their DVDs, therefore, the TVGuardian feature will not work. To filter these movies, see the Filtering DVD Player.
- See the TVGuardian for use with VCRs and Television.
- The closed-caption display feature, used when a phrase with profanity is muted, may not work in progressive scan mode.
A word about Progressive Scan:
The TVG DVD player will support the component video (red, green and blue video) connections. When using the player in progressive scan mode it will not display the replacement captions, but will mute the sound.
How To Change The Region Code
Turn the player on and open the disc tray. Press [CLEAR] followed by 
and one of the keys ... corresponding to the region you want to set the player for. Turn the player off then on again for the changes to take effect.
To verify the region code, press [SETUP] followed by . A screen will then pop up with the firmware info and the current region code setting.